Bloodcurdling Basement

Veteran Garfield staff share their horrifying experiences in a tell-all.
Bloodcurdling+Basement
Havana

Years of anguish and secrecy are behind us. Finally, disturbing truths are coming to light as members of the staff have stepped forward to share their recollection of the infamous Garfield basement. Rumors have floated throughout the building ever since it was remodeled in 2006. “Back in the day,” as Mr. Gish said, the staff spent a fair amount of time in the eerie walls beneath our classrooms. Ever since the remodel, the basement has been all but vacant to staff and students. But what truly lies within the depths of our school? Two brave reporters ventured into the catacombs of Garfield to reveal its hidden truth. Six staff accounts were recorded, each of them uncovering a shocking reality. 

Disclaimer: The following interviews contain real quotes from real teachers. We didn’t make this up. That being said, the events referenced in this article took place nearly two decades ago… Who knows how accurate these accounts truly are?

Can you please describe your memory of the basement?

Mr. Z: “The first time I went down there, I was like- it’s just a school basement, what could there be? 

Mr. Lovre: “The basement? Fully haunted, for sure.”

Mr. Z: “It feels like not a part of Garfield. You go down these cement stairs into this basement that doesn’t seem like it’s a part of the school… This is where my memories start to get really hazy. I swear, once, I saw a rabid dog down there. Another time I went down there I saw the bleached bones of a child…it really was legit scary.”

Ms. Savoie: “So Zimmerman said there were skeletons? Were they in the pool?”

Mr. Lovre: “There’s a room where half of the floor is covered with water but it’s dark so you can’t tell how deep it is. There’s a chain-link fence strung across the room so you don’t wander into the water. This is there, I’ve seen it.”

Ms. Savoie: “There was a pool down there, but I think they had to fill it in… or maybe I think it was like cracking the foundation and causing structural integrity issues. That’s why it’s not used anymore.”

Mr. Z: “Word is it floods every once-in-awhile…”

Do you think there would be anything in the pool, like living in there?

Ms. Savoie: “I think there’s just some goldfish in it because someone planted them in there.”

Maybe they’re radioactive goldfish…

Ms. Savoie: “No, I think they’re just normal ones. But they’re pretty big by now because there was a lot of space in there.”

This information was relayed to Mr. Lovre.

Mr. Lovre (shakes head): “That’s close. It’s actually a coelacanth, there used to be two, one ate the other.”

Reporter’s note: Lovre later disclosed that himself, Mr. Gish, and other staff members frequently spent quality time together in the basement.

Mr Gish: “After hearing what Mr. Zimmerman said, and I’m quite surprised that he divulged that, I wanted to add on what we used to do. The bones of that baby were so small and there was no longer any meat on them. This made them such a wonderful dipping tool when we would have Homosapeda parties down there.” 

So you would eat the bones?

Mr. Gish (sighs): “No no. You really are students, aren’t you? We wouldn’t eat the bones, we would use them as dipping tools.”

Why would you lick a deceased baby’s bones?

Mr. Gish: “There’s a method to what appears to be madness, but is the path to goodness.”

Reporter’s note: Mr. Gish later disclosed that Mr. Lovre was frequently caught nibbling on the bones. 

Mr. Lovre: “Well yeah, they’re crunchy. Why would Mr. Gish exaggerate or lie about anything?”

This made us think…

Where could the baby have come from? 

Ms. Jones: “So I heard that somebody brought their child to school, like an infant. A chemistry teacher… They were dealing with chemicals, and they spilled [them] on the baby and it died. (Proceeds to mimic baby-screaming sounds)”

Maybe the chemicals spilled in the pool too… 

NK, what’s your experience in the basement? 

Mr. NK: “There’s a killing room that’s like 3 levels down.”

A killing room?

Mr. NK: “It’s a room that’s maybe like a classroom size and the walls are dingy beige color. And there are places in the wall where you can see some things have been nailed in and yanked out. There’s some brown and reddish spots…”

Blood? 

Mr. NK (nods): “Obviously it was a killing room.”

Obviously…

Mr. NK: “And! This is the weirdest part. The last, like 10 feet of the room, there’s no floor.”

Does it just drop off?

Mr. NK: “Well it’s filled with water.”

IT’S THE POOL!

Mr. NK: “It’s black water you can’t see in there. How many bodies are in that pool of water…?”

What else could be lurking in our school’s dust covered depths?

Mr. NK: “There’s also a command center there. Not in the killing room, 1 level up, second level down. There’s a laptop, and some kind of log for writing things, and a Starbucks cup. I’m like, who’s working down there?”

Maybe the baby killer still works down there… 

Do you dare to find out for yourself? Venture into the haunted basement, perhaps to find giant fish that will eat you, or maybe baby skeleton remains left over by the staff. 

We were lucky to make it out alive!! If you dare, be careful, and bring flashlights… and happy Halloween 😉