The student news source of Garfield High School

The Garfield Messenger

The Garfield Messenger

The Garfield Messenger

Best Birthday Bargains

Free treats for your big day!

We’ve all seen various advertisements for free treats available on your birthday. They plague your phone screens describing the various products that are at your fingertips. Unfortunately, these promotions often get lost or forgotten about as the year goes by. Luckily, The Messenger has compiled a list of free treats from stores in the nearby area for your next birthday! 

Einstein Bros Bagels-

Begin your birthday extravaganza with a free bagel of your choice or an egg sandwich from Einstein Bros Bagels. They offer freshly baked sandwiches, bagels, and other goods, with numerous unique toppings. This neighborhood bakery is the perfect stop for a salty lover’s breakfast. 

IHOP- 

For those with a breakfast sweet tooth, IHOP diner offers a full stack of pancakes on your birthday. Conveniently located in the Madrona neighborhood, a tasty pancake plate is the perfect way to begin your morning (make sure to join their loyalty program to gain access to this scrumptious deal).

Chipotle- 

For a quick yummy lunch, join the rewards program and drop by Chipotle, a customizable Mexican grill, to enjoy a free side of chips and guac and five dollars off your meal. Conveniently located on Broadway and in U Village, Chipotle offers a little something for everyone. Making it the destination for a discounted birthday meal. 

Oasis Tea Zone-

For the bubble tea enthusiast, Oasis Tea Zone, a family-run business, offers a free birthday drink if you’re a part of their rewards program. Just visit their website, enter your email, and earn points for your purchases to get discounts! Originally based in the international district, they now have five locations in Seattle and the surrounding area. Their variety of flavors, nostalgic pinball machines, and delectable waffle fries make it a perfect stop for a midday birthday munch. 

Cupcake Royale-

Seattle’s very first cupcake bakery and coffee shop offers a complimentary cupcake on your birthday by joining their rewards program! With four locations around Seattle, including the Madrona neighborhood, this attractive cafe offers a variety of flavors including special seasonal options making it a necessary destination for a late afternoon birthday treat. 

Baskin Robbins- 

For a final birthday dessert, finish your celebrations with a visit to Baskin Robbins for a free scoop of ice cream. Join their birthday club and enjoy their selection of unique and colorful flavors including seasonal themed choices. This sentimental ice cream shop is the perfect way to welcome your new age while saving your bucks.