The student news source of Garfield High School

The Garfield Messenger

The Garfield Messenger

The Garfield Messenger

Bussin’ or Nah: T-Mobile Park Edition

Ranking food options at a Mariners game.

1. Garlic fries

A staple at Mariners games for the last 20 years, Grounders Garlic Fries are a fan favorite. With chicken tenders or just by themselves, the dish is exactly what it sounds like – simply fries with a garlic topping. But its simplicity is what makes it so perfect, and what has made it into a T-Mobile Park must-have for so many years.

2. Moto pizza

A recent addition to the T-Mobile Park food lineup, Moto Pizza has been all the rage as of late. We were able to try their ‘Kissed’ pizza, which is topped with pepperoni, sausage, cheese, tomato sauce (obviously), and … spicy honey? We were intrigued, if not concerned by this last topping- how would it blend with the other flavors. However, the sweetness of the honey was a perfect supplement to the otherwise very strong and meaty flavors. The hype around Moto Pizza is warranted, and we can’t wait to try some of their other pizzas.

3. Outside hotdog

T-Mobile Park is one of the few venues in the city that allows people to bring in food from outside of the stadium, which can be a good way to save money at a ballgame. Outside the left field entrance, there is a street full of vendors serving up hot dogs and other bites, for much cheaper than inside. . Seattle style is a popular way to get a hot dog, featuring cream cheese and grilled onions, typically running you $5-$10, depending on where you get it.

4. Din Tai Fung

Everybody likes Din Tai Fung. It’d be difficult to find a Seattlite who hasn’t tried, or at least heard of, their heavenly Xiao Long Bao dumplings. T-Mobile’s Din Tai Fung isn’t quite up to par with other locations for obvious reasons, but it is still a great option. The food can get a little messy, which isn’t perfect for a baseball game, but the flavors make up for it.

5. Kidd Valley and Lil Woody’s

If you’re looking for a burger at T-Mobile Park, there are a multitude of options. Our favorites are Kidd Valley and Lil Woody’s, the former of which sells chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla milkshakes. Kidd Valley also serves Grounders Garlic Fries, which can be a great addition to a burger.

6. Ice cream

If you’re in the mood for something sweeter, the ballpark has a wide variety of dessert options. Of course, everyone has heard of Dippin Dots, but there are also other places to get ice cream, such as Salt & Straw and Mister Softee. Salt & Straw has more gourmet options, with the price tag to match, but we found their portions are somewhat on the smaller side. Conversely, Mister Softee is standard soft serve and comes in large portions that are good for sharing. However, if you’re attending a colder March or April game (or chilly October World Series finale), ice cream might not be the best option. Luckily, the stadium recently added churros to its dessert lineup.

7. Poke bowls

The Mariners are known for having food that crosses the line of what typical stadium food looks like, one of these being poke bowls. Their poke is pretty standard, so if you’ve had poke outside the stadium, don’t expect it to be any different. However, this can be a good option for people looking to get something other than a burger, hot dog, or pizza.

View Comments (1)